Thursday, April 28, 2011
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Monday, April 25, 2011
I whipped up these and just need to get them in the mail now. I hope they can bring a little bit of sunshine to some young person's life.
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Friday, April 22, 2011
- This one by Colette. Although I think it might be too much at the natural waist. I do better with the waist slightly higher.
- This also by Colette. I'm just not totally sold on the pattern, probably in part because of Jessica's review.
- This pattern by Vogue. I just hate that they only have drawings.
- And I really like this one.
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
- This lovely letter S. It would compliment my collection so nicely.
- These lovely canisters which would be sewing room perfect.
- This sign of all that is good.
- My love for vintage-y bracelets might become legendary. Really, it seems like I can't leave a flea market without one.
- The simplicity of this necklace (of course with an S).
- Compared to the brilliance of this necklace, which I continue to drool over.
- And, although I have no where to put it, I love this bench for a front hall. And do you see the map above it? And the tool box underneath? Drool again.
- And there is a part of me that would love to hang this in the bathroom. Or maybe this one?
- And all of the eye charts in this shop? Gaga!
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Trip to JoAnn's = $3 random wreath + sale flower + $2 small chalkboards + 1/4 yard of fabric = randomness + fun
I made this wreath for my apartment door because I was bored with what I had hanging. My door is at the end of the hallway so everyone has to look at it sometime. I have a sense of obligation to make it look pretty. Certainly, that ugly brown color doesn't do anything to make things look good. But faux flowers do! And so it is.... until it changes again.
Saturday, April 16, 2011
And this delightful little owl brooch. I love the turquoise accents on him.
And these two awesome tins. I almost bought just the tea one but for $4 each, I had to have coffee too. And I could almost hear Amy yelling at me for not getting both so I listened and came home with both!
How happy am I? (Answer: a lot.)
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
I had grandiose plans for more sewing after finishing my pouch for the bathroom. And what do you know but life has gotten in the way. Saturday was an outing with a friend and a dinner with some lovely folks, Sunday I was under the weather and Monday was another dinner out.
Luckily, I did manage to indulge my creative side with some photo taking yesterday. Rosy and I took a longer walk around the neighborhood, checking out all of the blooming going on. I took the point and shoot and used the marco setting to do a bunch of close-up on flowers. I'm loving how the photo of these tulips came out, especially the hints of orange and red below.
Tonight I have a lot to accomplish to prepare for a number of things over the rest of the week. But maybe if I'm organized, I'll sneak a little creativity in there....
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Now, I'm thinking of making a small matching runner to put on the top of the toilet tank to pull things all together a little more....
Ahh sewing, I'm glad we are playing together again!
Thursday, April 7, 2011
It might be time for a new machine. Because although my little lovely (Who has no name. How could I not name her? Maybe that's why she jammed?) is fabulous she is also a cheapo model. And after a little tune up from my uncle, she'd be a good back up machine. So, I guess I'm accepting nominations for models in the $200 range. And until I get a new machine or magic overtakes my current one, I guess my project will languish on my kitchen table.....
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
One of the side benefits of time off is that I cook more. After trips to Whole Foods, Acme and Trader Joe's, I have plenty of groceries in the house! I made this dish for dinner tonight. It's a take off of this recipe but with less oil, more garlic and added grape tomatoes.
I'd add more veggies the next time. Perhaps some snow peas or peppers?
I wish I had thought to take a bit more time this week. It's been nice to just relax and not be checking email or worrying about work. However, I have a few more vacation days coming up next week.... can't wait!
Sunday, April 3, 2011
The picture tutorial confused me a bit but the video she did is excellent in walking you through everything. And seriously, they can done in about five minutes! What's better?
I made two already. I have a white shirt I might cut up too. And I have enough pink fabric left to make at least one more for a friend. Now to decide who would like it best.....