Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Stockpiling Fun + Nesting

The last week or so I've been trying to fit a lot in.  We went to the playground, very close to our house, a couple of times. We walked the dog around the block. We've read a billion books, Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed currently leading the pack. I finished a sewing project for the girl's room. I ordered fabric to make a few things for the girl later on (ha - I think that might happen!). I made a pie. I placed an online order for a boatload of groceries to get us through the girl's first week or so of life. Chase and I got haircuts. I bought a birthday gift for my sister in law so we're prepared and not scrambling right after the girl arrives. Of course, I forgot the card but hopefully my husband can get that!

But we've also watched too much TV. My body is saying slow down as my back and hips hurt a bit more. I can't sit on the floor as long. Sometimes Curious George is the only method that allows me to listen to what my body needs. Tylenol and the heating pad are being used more regularly.
We're one week out from meeting my little girl. I can't wait to see if she resembles her brother, to discover her personality, and to introduce her to the family. And, of course, to welcome a new type of chaos and tiredness into my life!
Strawberry pie for my big two year old - it was a hit!
It's all so exciting and yet a bit overwhelming. I am so grateful for an amazing partner in my husband and a generous mom, who is coming to town for two weeks to help with Chase and the new girl. Plus, amazing inlaws who I know will help as we adjust to our new normal. Believe me, I'm counting those blessings!

1 comment:

Igeek Technology said...

Get Outlook Support Canada 1-888-582-4887, call at 1-888-582-4887 and get technical support and our team will assist you.